Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 1800 UTC (2:00pm) Saturday and running through 2059 UTC (5:59pm) Sunday. More about ARRL Field Day here:
2019 ARRL Field Day is June 22-23
The LVSRA Field Day event will be held at the Pine Pavilion in South Hills Park, Lebanon again this year near the entrance off of State Drive. There will be a small amount of signage to direct you in to the site. You can check the ARRL Field Day locator on their website for more information.
- 9am – Setup and deployment of antennas etc. Doughnuts and coffee!
- LEMA trailer- 2 stations, primarily SSB. CW, and Digital option.
- KA3D, and KA3ZNI Recreational Vehicle – 1 station, primarily CW. SSB and Digital option.
- Pines Pavilion – Get on the air (GOTA), VHF etc. Digital station. Show and tell of GO KITS, projects, displays, food.
- 12 pm – Lunch
- 2pm – FD on air operations start
- 4pm-? – Start the grill! Burgers and Hot Dogs to be provided by the club. Please feel free to bring a side dish to share.
- 12pm – We usually start breaking down about noon on Sunday
- 6pm – Event officially ends
The Field Day Committee is now forming. Volunteers are needed to fill roles for event day coordination. Please consider volunteering for either one day or both days. Some of the positions available are: Safety officer, Cook, Management of Logging Software (networking), Tour guides for visitors, Logistics and Operating including antenna management and deployment, GOTA (Get On The Air) station, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Dan Farrell KA3D by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes: Dave WA3GPM, and Bob AB3GF enjoy sharing the ins and outs of digital communications. There will be many Hams attending that have a lot of experience in many venues. Public service, antenna design, project building, vintage equipment, weather spotting, new technology,
to name a few. We are hoping to have a Fox Hunting (radio transmitter) demonstration.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable insight, and information from those in our Ham Community. Ham Radio is a great hobby. We enjoy sharing knowledge, and experiences.
Contact: Dan Farrell KA3D with questions, or comments. email@example.com
For more information on ARRL Field Day 2019 go to the official ARRL website: http://www.arrl.org/field-day